An Important Message from Whitehall of Deerfield
We at Whitehall of Deerfield want you to know that our primary concern, as always, is the well-being of those we serve. Throughout the past few weeks, and especially in recent days, we’ve been thoroughly prepared to protect our guests from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and to minimize its spread.
So to ensure our guests’ and residents’ health and safety, we’ve been strictly following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health—and have taken every precaution possible to keep our guests safe, including:
- No visitors are allowed, including private-duty caregivers.
- All our guests and residents are screened for symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Ancillary appointments have been limited (such as dentist or podiatrist) .
- Before entering, all staff members and essential healthcare workers must get their temperature taken—and are required to answer a questionnaire about either being exposed to COVID-19 or exhibiting certain symptoms within the past 14 days. If they answer yes to any of the questions, they won’t be allowed to enter.
- Only staff members who are symptom-free are allowed to come to work.
- We have increased strict standards of cleaning, including frequent disinfection of all hard surfaces.
We’ll be updating our policy frequently, especially as more information and updates from the Illinois Department of Public Health and the CDC become available.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Administrator, Cindy Cohen, directly at 847.580.8287.