Clinical Nurse Liaison (RN) – Full Time
As Whitehall of Deerfield’s Clinical Nurse Liaison, you’ll gather intake information through an on-site review of each patient, recognizing the patient’s needs and working with both the primary care physician and discharge planning personnel. You’ll also gather the necessary information to process a patient for admission, create complete customer service solutions and educate the family and patient about Whitehall of Deerfield prior to transfer. What’s more, you’ll establish and maintain ongoing relationships with referral sources—including hospital clinical staff case managers, social workers, and physicians and managed care organizations.
- Must be a registered Nurse, preferably bachelor’s with Illinois licensure
- Three years’ experience in acute hospital or skilled nursing setting with a working knowledge of subacute and home care settings—as well as experience with working with physicians
- Must possess excellent communication and time-management skills especially in a fast-paced setting
- Must also have your own car (you’ll receive mileage reimbursement)
- Willing to cross train for intake and nursing related responsibilities as needed
- Ability to work with health care professionals, residents, families and staff members in a warm, friendly and interested manner
- Participation in professional organizations and workshops a plus
- Assess all new admissions—regardless of where they were being admitted from (hospital, home, assisted living facility or another skilled nursing facility)—and identify risk factors affecting patient admission through on-site evaluations.
- Visit all patients who have been discharged to the hospital within 24 hours of transfer to check status of patient’s condition, ensure the patient’s satisfaction/return and encourage hospital to discharge patient (with skilled needs)—and visit patients every other day until they return to the facility
- Perform continuity of care visits (CCV) for admissions scheduled pre-surgery—and develop a log of pre-surgical reservations with surgical dates to determine CCV date
- Attend first follow-ups for patients’ first appointment with their surgeon after surgery—as well as creating a list of facility patients and their surgeons to monitor for first follow-ups, as appropriate
- Represent facility to patient and patient family prior to transfer, through on-site assessment and informal meeting to answer questions and make patient/patient family conformable with transfer
- Obtain verbal orders from the physician for admission to facility and verifies if the physician will be following the patient when admitted
- Assist with inquiries, admissions and tours
- Maintain positive facility relationship with referral sources and third party payors
- Identify marketing opportunities or marketing intelligence through work activities, observation and conversation with physicians, nurse and other hospital-based personnel
To apply or to learn more, please call 847.580.8184, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.