Premiere Chicago North Shore rehabilitation center
With the attentive service and world-class amenities you’d expect from Whitehall of Deerfield, we can quickly increase your independence and get you back home. Our intensive therapy is proven to help individuals recover from:
- Orthopedic surgery.
- Hip fractures.
- Cardiac surgery or illness.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Neurological conditions including brain injuries, brain tumors and aneurysms.
- Other medical conditions.
Comprehensive & customized rehabilitative care
To help you recover quickly and safely from your surgery or medical event, our customized rehabilitative services include:
- One-on-one physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapies — up to seven days a week.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation in two exclusive, private orthopedic wings.
- Medical & surgical recovery — including hip fracture rehabilitation, post-cardiac and stroke rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation and cognitive rehabilitation..
- Wound care and surgical site expertise.
- Lymphedema therapy.
- On-site video swallow studies, ultrasound, electrical stimulation and paraffin treatments.
- Full kitchen, bathroom with tub and even capabilities to practice car transfers.
Returning you home quickly and safely
Our on-staff case manager, licensed social workers and discharge planners are here to ease your transition back home. They’ll provide the counseling, resources and adaptive home equipment evaluation you need to return home or back to work.
Attentive and consistent care
During your stay with us, you’ll receive personalized care delivered by a dedicated staff—with one of the highest staff-to-patient ratios around. What does this mean? That you can expect consistent, attentive care from a committed team.
- Board-Certified Medical Director—and other top area physicians.
- Therapy Director who regularly communicates with doctors, patients and families to make sure you receive the most effective rehabilitative services.
- Experienced, specially trained physical, occupational and speech therapists. We employ our own full-time therapists. This means you can expect consistent, personalized care from a committed team.
- Compassionate nurses who provide 24-hour care and are specially trained to help patients relearn how to carry out the basic activities of daily living. We offer one of the area’s highest staff-to-patient ratios.
- Clinical nurse liaison who can jump-start your rehab with a thorough pre-admission assessment during your hospital stay.
- Our concierge staff who make sure patients receive the highest standard of service.
State-of-the-art rehab gyms & equipment
Whitehall of Deerfield’s state-of-the-art orthopedic rehabilitation center and rehab gyms provide the tools to help you reach your highest level of independence and functioning.
Complete respiratory therapy
We’re one of the few rehabilitation centers to provide a full-time respiratory therapist. In fact, our seasoned respiratory therapist works strategically with our therapy and nursing staff. The result? You’ll receive the right treatment you need to help avoid re-hospitalization and to recover faster.
Wound care expertise
Trust Whitehall of Deerfield to quickly heal surgical and other wounds. By providing a potent blend of care, assessment and prevention, our certified wound care specialists can effectively treat a variety of wounds, such as:
- Surgical wounds
- Trauma, burn, infected and radiation therapy wounds
- Arterial ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Crush injuries
To expedite the healing process—and to avoid hospitalization—our experts create personalized treatment plans and employ
the latest techniques and therapies, including:
- Mist ultrasound healing therapy
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Compression and lymphedema wrapping
- Wound care education to patients and families
Accommodations, amenities and dining
With elegance and attentive service rarely found in healthcare, you’ll enjoy all the gracious accommodations, world-class amenities and culinary delights Whitehall of Deerfield has to offer.
Medicare & insurance coverage
Medicare and insurance may cover part or all of your short-term rehabilitation stay at Whitehall of Deerfield. Our Admissions professionals will help you understand the benefits and coverage you’re entitled to receive.